Video Producer (PREV.198)
- Create compelling story driven video content that is emotive and engaging to affect individual behaviours and the broader physical and legislative environment to reduce cancer risk.
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Flexible and supportive environment
- Part time (0.8 FTE) fixed term position until 30 December 2022 –St Kilda Road, Melbourne and remote working
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. The Prevention Division aims to reduce the risk of cancer in the Victorian population through social marketing, advocacy, professional education and providing policy advice based on the best available evidence. This involves action to affect individual behaviours and the broader physical and legislative environment to support health and wellbeing.
The Prevention Division sits within Cancer Council Victoria with an aim to implement powerful prevention programs for major cancer risk factors: tobacco, UV, diet, obesity and alcohol. Each of the five programs develops evidence-based prevention campaigns focusing on behaviour change and increasing cancer screening uptake across Victoria.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Video Producer to join the Prevention Division’s Media and Communications team.
The Video Producer is responsible for the production, filming and editing creative video content, including interviews, sketches, parodies and animations for a broad range of programs across the Prevention Division.
Reporting to the Digital Manager, your role is to:
- Create compelling story driven video content that is emotive and engaging
- Develop video concepts and ideas by working with subject matter experts to define scripts and producing story boards
- Lead pre-production meetings ensuring all aspects of the video production are covered
- Film & edit video content in a timely and efficient manner
- Plan the content and guide the on-screen performances
- Design original and engaging images to be used across websites (desktop and mobile), social media and other platforms.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Diploma level or similar qualification in communication or related experience in communications, digital communication development or similar.
- Extensive experience in video content development, production and postproduction
- Advanced skills in the full suite of Adobe Creative – Premier Pro, After Effects, Lightroom, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Demonstrated experience in producing digital assets such as videos, animation and graphics.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders on content, quality and opportunities for improvement.
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $75, 486 - $ 84,872 pa (pro-rata for part time) commensurate on experience plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://accesspay.com.au/salary-packaging/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity visit download the Position Description and Upload your Resume and Cover Letter. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Fernando Escorcia on (03) 03 9514 6437.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, and a National Police Check
Applications close on 15 May 2022.