SunSmart Administration Officer (PREV.212A)
- $57,736 - $63,666 + NFP benefits
- An exciting opportunity to be part of our innovative cancer prevention program
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Flexible, supportive environment
- Part time, fixed term from beginning Oct 2023 until end June 2024
- Hybrid working environment combining working from home and in brand new CBD office located on Victoria Parade, East Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Prevention Division aims to prevent cancer for all Victorians. This is done through community interventions, mass media, advocacy, training and providing policy advice based on the best available evidence. This involves action to affect individual behaviours and the broader physical and legislative environment to reduce cancer risk. We prioritise health inequalities, especially in relation to Aboriginal people, and in culturally diverse and socio-economically disadvantaged communities.
This is achieved through the delivery of public health programs relating to tobacco control (Quit Victoria), obesity prevention (LiveLighter, Obesity Policy Coalition, Rethink Sugary Drink), sun protection (SunSmart, World Health Organisation Collaborative Centre for UV), cancer screening (bowel, breast and cervical), immunisation, (HPV, hepatitis B) alcohol and organisational change (Achievement Program, Vic Kids Eat Well).
About your opportunity
We are seeking an Administration Officer to join the Prevention Division. Reporting to the Office Manager your role is to:
- Work closely with the SunSmart team and assist with the coordination of operational aspects of the Program and ensure the smooth and effective running of the program
- Liaise with workplaces, health workforce, early childhood centres and schools to provide support on their enquiries
- Logistically manage SunSmart program events and webinars
- Assist with general website, email and phone enquiries and a broad range of additional administration and program support
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Substantial experience in office administration or an office-related role
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Sound communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to effectively liaise with both external and internal stakeholders
What we can offer you
- Base salary of $57,736 to $63,666 p.a. (dependant on experience, pro rata for part time) plus 11% superannuation
- Salary packaging benefits of $15,900 plus meals/entertainment $2,650 p.a. https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- Novated car leasing
- Salary sacrifice
- 17.5% leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home options to support excellent work-life balance
- Cultural leave of up to 5 days paid
- 12 weeks paid parental leave and up to 12 months unpaid leave
- A comprehensive employee assistance program
- A range of wellness initiatives such as flu vaccination, mental and general well-being support, and discounted health insurance
- A range of personal and professional development initiatives such as study support, in-house, external, and on-line learning options as well as the opportunity to apply for scholarships
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity, download a Position Description and upload your Resume and Cover Letter. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Inès De Bleye on (03) 9514 6556 or email@example.com.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check (as required).
Applications close 27 September 2023
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment inclusive of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.