Head of Finance (FIN.00)
- Providing high quality financial services and solutions
- An opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people impacted by cancer
- Flexible, supportive environment
- 5 year Executive Contract
- Hybrid working environment combining working from home and in brand new CBD office located on Victoria Parade, East Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Corporate Services Division incorporates governance, finance, legal, risk and compliance, information technology, property and logistics. The focus of the Division is to ensure Cancer Council’s Corporate Services operate to the highest standards of efficiency and effectiveness to ensure compliance and support the organisation to deliver on its Strategic Priorities. The Division also works to ensure the protection and optimisation of the Council’s financial and business assets, and reputation.
Our customers include Cancer Council Staff and Volunteers, Executive Group, Board and Committees, our Donors and Supporters, Funders and Researchers, as well as our State and National Cancer Council partners.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Head of Finance to join the Corporate Services Division. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer your role is:
- Providing timely and accurate financial services and solutions
- Ensuring appropriate and robust financial controls are in place across the organisation including compliance and governance
- Planning and delivery of the finance strategy
- Effective reporting to management and Board ensuring the financial position of Cancer Council is appropriately managed and governed
- Leading and development of the Finance team whilst promoting continuous improvement and positive change
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Hold CPA, CA or equivalent qualification
- Substantial experience in leading and developing high performing teams
- Extensive broad financial experience
- Demonstrated strategic thinker, identifying practical pathways to deliver business priorities
- Highly developed stakeholder management and effective communication skills
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range commensurate with experience plus superannuation and not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- Novated car leasing
- Salary sacrifice
- 17.5% leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home options to support excellent work-life balance
- Cultural leave of up to 5 days paid
- 12 weeks paid parental leave and up to 12 months unpaid leave
- A comprehensive employee assistance program
- A range of wellness initiatives such as flu vaccination, mental and general well-being support, and discounted health insurance
- A range of personal and professional development initiatives such as study support, in-house, external, and on-line learning options as well as the opportunity to apply for scholarships
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity, download a Position Description and upload your Resume and Cover Letter. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Sarah Clement at Sarah.Clement@cancervic.org.au
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check (as required).
Applications close 26 September 2023
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment inclusive of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.