Business Manager (SUP.49)
- Seeking an experienced Business Manager to drive operational effectiveness across the Strategy and Support Division
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Flexible, supportive environment
- Full-time, continuing position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Strategy and Support Division works directly with people, clinicians, researchers and policymakers. Our purpose is to reduce inequities and improve outcomes for all people affected by cancer, now and into the future.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Business Manager to join the Strategy and Support Division. Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Support your role is to:
- Lead the development and implementation of processes and tools for business operations, planning, compliance and resource management
- Champion the implementation of change management activities for organisation wide Enabling Strategy projects
- Lead, inspire and motivate staff and volunteers to drive engagement, sustainable performance, deep collaboration and accountability to results
- Lead and manage the division business management team, including monitoring progress against priorities
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A degree or equivalent qualification in business and/or substantial experience in a similar role managing business and administrative operations
- Proven capacity to introduce and embed new ideas and approaches into existing working practices, together with a strong ability to adapt to change
- Experience building and leading highly effective teams to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Substantial experience in the use of business systems including databases; providing data analysis and reporting
What we can offer you
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A base salary within range $84,872 - $110,000 pa plus superannuation and not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- A range of wellness initiatives such as an employee assistance programs, flu vaccination, mental and general well-being support, and discounted health insurance.
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity, download the Position Description and upload your Resume and Cover Letter. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Amy Shelly on (03) 9514 6671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check (as required).
Applications close 26 January 2023
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting and retaining employees who reflect the rich diversity of our community. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.